New specialist branch
In 1951, a branch shop of GH Lee was opened in Chester, specialising in the selling of piece goods and furnishing fabrics. The store received highly positive feedback upon opening, and was initially a fantastic addition to the Liverpool store. However, the branch was forced to close in 1967 because of the considerable structural repair required to the shop front. The costs involved and other such difficulties left the Partnership little option but to close. Trading ceased at GH Lee, Chester on the 25th February 1967.