Suppliers to the Queen
The post-war Years in Caleys were characterised by numerous expansion and rebuilding projects. In 1951, an old bakery at the back was expanded into in order to provide extra selling space. In the 1953, the high street frontage was also rebuilt in a strictly Georgian fashion.
Connections to Royalty remained pertinent. The photo above shows crowds of people outside Caleys on the occasion of the funeral for King George VI. Soon after, the people of Windsor took to the streets to welcome Queen Elizabeth to the throne. In 1955, the grant of a Royal Warrant was once again given to Caleys, as suppliers of household and fancy goods to the new Queen, HM Queen Elizabeth II.