Contributing to the site
You can add your words and photos to this site instantly. Just register a username and password and off you go! You’ll be guided through the process by simple on-screen instructions and it only takes 10 minutes.
So what could you add?
- a photo of a branch of John Lewis
- a social event organised by John Lewis
- a new photo recording some aspect of the stores today
- memories of life in the shops
- information about some aspect of the business
Look round this site to see what other people have added. Most people just add one photo or one paragraph of text. Others add whole photo galleries or sections of the site.
It’s so easy!
- You can sign in right now and create a rough draft or test page, and log in later to finish it.
- When you’re ready, you press a button to submit your words and photos to our editors for publishing.
Terms and conditions
- Text submitted to the site may be sub-edited for the sake of clarity or readability.
- Images submitted to the site may be cropped or digitally enhanced (for example, to improve contrast).
- John Lewis Memory Store is under no obligation to publish any text or photos submitted to the site.
- John Lewis Memory Store may reject material on the grounds of copyright infringement, offensiveness or other legal considerations.
- John Lewis Memory Store cannot accept contributions of a commercial, marketing or advertising nature. We will, however, accept editorial content from commercial organisations (for example, the memories of a shop-owner).
Do you need any help with the material you’re thinking of adding? Do you need help with writing your story, or help with publishing it to the site? Please email email@example.com
For further help contributing to this website, visiting the community sites website for access to some downloadable training cribsheets. Visit